This policy applies to information about living identifiable individuals only.
Information gathered from our website
You may choose to provide personal information to us when you register on our website to ask us to contact you or provide marketing information. You may be asked to provide information about yourself including (but not necessarily limited to) your name, title, postal address, telephone number and/or email address.
Information gathered to offer IT consultancy and related products and services
If you contact us and request information or become a client of Net Consulting, we will need to obtain basic information to confirm your preferred means of communication, including your name, title and postal address, together with normal contact details for you in relation to the products or services we provide. The information that we need will be explained to you and will depend on the nature and extent of your enquiry or requirements.
Information gathered automatically
We may also collect information automatically about your access and usage of our website using cookies and other analytical technology. Full details of our data collection methods are included in the ‘Cookie’ section below. We will use your IP address, which is a numeric code that identifies a computer on the internet, to collect internet traffic data and information on your browser type and computer. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may reject them by amending your browser settings, unless they are required for the delivery of our website or services to visitors.
Information gathered from third parties
Additionally, we may obtain information about you from legitimate third parties, including suppliers, partners or other organisations that are relevant to your enquiry or requirements.
How does Net Consulting use your information?
We will use your information for the specific purpose(s) for which it has been provided or collected by us, including:
- to provide information that you may request regarding the IT consultancy and related products and services we offer
- to contact you to introduce our products and services
- to provide our clients with IT-related products and services including referrals to other partner organisations both in the UK and overseas, where appropriate
- to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations
- to deal with any feedback, queries or complaints that you may have
We may also use the information that we collect about you for marketing and business development purposes, including:
- to provide information about Net Consulting and the IT-related products and services we provide, which may be of interest to you, by sending you newsletters or business updates
- to provide you with updates on relevant areas of our products and services
- to contact you about other activities and events that we may undertake
Information gathered by cookies and similar analytical technologies are used to measure and analyse information on visits to our website, to update the website to improve the visitor experience and to improve technical performance. We will not use the data to identify you personally or to make any decisions about you.
Furthermore, we may use your information to administer, support and improve our business generally and to enforce our legal rights.
Legitimate grounds for processing your information
We must have a lawful basis for processing your information. This will vary depending on the circumstances for obtaining your information, but will typically include:
- the activities are within our legitimate interests as an IT services company seeking to engage with and provide products and services to prospective and current clients
- you have given consent for us to process your information in relation to our marketing activities
- we are completing necessary steps in relation to a contract to which you are a party or prior to you entering into a contract with Net Consulting, because you wish to engage us to provide IT consultancy and related activities for you
- the processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations that we are subject to
If you become a client of Net Consulting, we may use your personal information to send you information that we think may be of interest to you. This falls within our legitimate interests as an IT consultancy company to use your information for marketing purposes.
You will be given the opportunity to confirm whether or not you wish to receive direct marketing materials and communications from us, either at the time you provide your details and/or within the marketing communication itself.
At any point, if you change your mind about being contacted by us, or any of your personal details change, or you believe that any information we hold about you is either inaccurate or out-of-date, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or writing to us at Net Consulting, 4C Greenmeadow Springs Business Park, Village Way, Cardiff, CF15 7NE. Alternatively, you can call us on 02920 972030. .
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to Net Consulting will usually be held on our computers in the UK and accessed by staff working in the UK. Information you provide to us may be transferred to, stored or processed by third party organisations which process data on our behalf. These third parties may store or process your information in the UK or elsewhere, including outside the EEA. These third parties may include suppliers of products and services, administrative and support services, suppliers of other specialist products or outsourced IT applications and systems, including cloud-based platforms.
We may also transfer your information to other 3rd parties, including suppliers, partners or other organisations with whom we are working on IT consultancy services or to whom we are referring you for additional or separate products and services.
Additionally, we may be obliged to disclose information under certain laws, by order of court or other competent regulatory body or may be permitted to disclose it under applicable data protection laws.
Finally, if Net Consulting merges with another business entity, divests part of its business or carries out internal corporate restructuring, your information may be disclosed to Net Consulting’s new business partners or owners or the new corporate entities.
Protection of your information
We have implemented relevant administrative, technical and physical controls for our website, which are designed to mitigate the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised processing or disclosure of the personal information that we hold. Where we transfer information to third parties to enable them to process it on our behalf, we ensure that these third parties can meet or exceed relevant legal or regulatory requirements for transferring and securing information under their control.
We will also ensure that where information is transferred to a country or international organisation outside of the UK / EEA, we will comply with the relevant legal rules governing such transfers.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes that it was collected. Details of our information retention policy is available upon request. Our terms of business include details of how we keep clients’ personal information secure. Our processes have been certified against the requirements of the ISO27001:2013 standard, in relation to our Information Security Management System (ISMS).
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. However, these rights do not apply in all cases or to all information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances, we may need to continue to hold and process information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
You have the right to request that we:
- Provide you with a copy of the personal information that we hold
- Update your personal information where it is incorrect or out-of-date
- Delete personal information that we hold
- Restrict the way in which we process your information
- Consider any valid objections to our processing of your personal information
- Provide information you have given to us to a third-party provider of services, where our lawful basis for processing is consent and where processing is automated
We will respond to your request, including providing information on whether the rights apply in the particular circumstances, within the statutory time period. If we are unable to confirm your identity, we may require you to provide further information in order for us complete verification of your identity.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time as our business, internal practices or applicable laws change. We will not make any use of your personal information that is inconsistent with the original purposes for which it was obtained or otherwise than is permitted by applicable law. If we intend to use your information for any other purposes, we will notify you in advance, wherever possible.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us to discuss this policy or how we use your personal information, to exercise your rights, to provide feedback or make a complaint about use of your information, please contact us as follows:
- Paul Thomas – Managing Director and Data Protection Manager
- firstname.lastname@example.org or 02920 972020
- Net Consulting, 4C Greenmeadow Springs Business Park, Village Way, Cardiff, CF15 7NE
You can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office for information, advice or to make a complaint. The ICO can be contacted online at https://ico.org.uk
Cookies, including browsers or tracking cookies, are small text files that are added to your computer when you visit a website. They help websites to perform certain functions, including knowing who you are if you log into a restricted part of a website and for tracking purposes.
At Net Consulting we use the following cookies:
- Google Analytics
We use Google analytics cookies on the website for tracking purposes. The cookies allow us to understand general traffic to our website, including the number of visitors and length of time on the website. This process collects anonymous data to help us develop the website, make improvements and enhance the user experience.
- Privacy Preferences
We use a tracking cookie, which is added to your computer to remember your cookie preferences, including whether you have allowed or disallowed them.
- Client Services
For areas of our website that are password protected, an essential cookie is added to your computer, which is then automatically deleted after your session has ended.
Shortly after arriving at our website, we will add an 'opt-in' tracking cookie to your computer unless you specify otherwise. If you would like to opt-in or opt-out of using cookies, you can amend this by altering your browser settings. You can review your cookie settings at any time.
If you do opt-out then an opt-out preference cookie will be added to your computer, however if you delete all your cookies or use a different device then you will need to set your cookie preference again. If this is your first visit and you navigate away from this page without specifying your cookies preference then an 'opt-in' tracking cookie with be added to your computer.
Please note that you cannot opt-out of the deployment of cookies that are necessary for delivery of our website or services to visitors.
SaaS Accelerator & Apple Watch LinkedIn Competition 08/12/20 - 21/12/20
- No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw
- Everyone who enters the competition is entitled to a 30 day free trial of SaaS accelerator from Riverbed. A Net Consulting Account Manager will be in touch in early January 2021 to help get you set up and started.
- This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 16 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by 12:00pm GMT on the 21st December 2020.
- Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
- To enter, fill in the form as directed on the Linkedin and Follow Net Consulting’s LinkedIn page.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place at 12:30 pm on 21st December 2020. One entry will be selected at random to be the winner.
- The prize for the winner is one Apple Watch Series 6.
- The winner will be able to choose one of the following four aluminium watch face options: Gold, Grey, Red Blue
- The winner will be able to choose one of the following five strap options: Silver, Braid, Leather link, Sport band, Solo loop
- An order will be placed as soon as the winner has claimed their prize, and Net Consulting will do all they can to ensure the watch arrives with the winner before Christmas. That said, Net Consulting cannot guarantee that the item won’t get held up in Pre-Christmas postal congestion.
- The winners will be notified via email on Monday 21st December 2020. The winners must claim their prize within 30 working days of Net Consulting sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and Net Consulting reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- Net Consulting will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the promotion. This includes being able to contact applicants about the set-up and onboarding process of Riverbed’s SaaS Accelerator. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by Net Consulting for the purposes of the administration of this promotion.
- The Promoter is Net Consulting Ltd. 4C Greenmeadow Springs Business Park, Village Way, Cardiff, CF15 7NE