- FATS is a multi-participant Framework Agreement for the provision of Technical Support.
- FATS can be used by the Ministry of Defence and wider Government acquisition community for the effective procurement of technical support. This means buying technical support where it does not exist in-house for the following:
- Technical Support: Project-based activities including technical services, concept design and development, in-service support activities and operational support.
- Engineering Support: Task-based activities including Post Design Services (PDS), calibration, analysis and integration.
- Technical Studies: Research-based activities including studies, prototyping and technical demonstrators.
The Framework Agreement is established for use by the following UK public sector bodies (and any future successors to these organisations):
Central Government departments, executive agencies, and non-departmental public bodies as outlined at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations